DAVIDGOUGHART

Monday, October 29, 2018

Phenomena movie award


This is a project I started last year, but actually has its origins in a piece from over a decade ago. Gods and Monsters from 2005, was I believe my first artistic fumbling’s into arcane territory. 


‘Gods and Monsters”-(2005) acrylic on canvas, 16″ x 20″


I think I sold it for buttons on Ebay, such were the times back then, but it was adopted a couple of years later for the cover of Peter J Carrol’s excellent, The Apophenion: A Chaos Magick Paradigm, from which I didn’t make a bean from, such were the….well, you know the rest.
But I guess you can’t keep a good painting down, because it’s been resurrected, readopted and repurposed as the official “Uncanny” trophy award for the Phenomena horror cine festival in São Paulo. The award will go to winning participants-80 nominees of the likes which include Blumhouse’s Mandy, and a documentary produced by Benicio Del Toro The Rise and Fall of Buffalo Brown by Philip Rodriguez.

I am beyond honored.

Design for award front

As I write, the festival is already under way, but it runs until the 4th of November in two cities, Paraty (Rio de Janeiro State) and São Paulo (State Capital), and the screenings will be free of charge in all five different venues, so perfect celebration for All Hallows then.
https://www.phenomenafest.com
I want to thank Cauê Castelo, Phenomena & La Matta tv for working with me to capture my vision in glittering three dimensional silver.

Official Phenomena poster, featuring my characters in Moebius style, by Diego Porto

No comments:

Post a Comment