DAVIDGOUGHART

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Barrowboy-generalisms

November is two days old, and I'm keen to wash the bitter taste of October from my mouth with the peppermint rinse of mentioning that today, I meet to spec the premises for the live painting event with FM 94.9 on November 12th.

I also wanted to let you know that my interview with Fantasy E-zine is now available to read for subscribers at the following address:

http://www.fantasyezine.com/

A snippet of which follows:
FE: How would you describe or categorize your art?
DG: I really don’t like to-its too static. By nature, artists are flighty and evolving constantly, and to formalize any kind of label is to box you in. This week, I happen to be a hyper real Victorian, surrealist with a sideline in biomechanic-steampunk, next week I may be playing jazz flute.

Finally, I am in the process of illustrating a book with author Peter J Carroll, who used my Gods and Monsters piece on the cover of his previous book-The Apophenion. Peters new book is a very exciting project, and I shall post occasional teasers. It's a continued exploration of
practical and theoretical magic and higher dimensional curved spacetime
.

Which brings us back to matters of karmic influences in a way-arc, circle closed.

Uh-oh, don't look now...

No comments:

Post a Comment