DAVIDGOUGHART

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Rise and Arisen


Despite best efforts, Rise cannot rise to the occasion until it dries. I think it's the new organic turps I've been using, it's like a drying retardant, which would be fine except the snails pace makes it feel like it's still 2011.

Since reading about that time Frazetta lost the ability to paint because of the cheap turps he was using, I've been weary. Toxins be damned however, regardless of my studio's lousy ventilation and it being 80 degrees I am going to have to fall back on the hallucinogenic stuff for the time being.

In the interim, I'm working on a self portrait of sorts, which shall be part of the ongoing assimilation (working title) series. It's my epic project for this co
ming year, punctuated with occasional diversions into the American Madonna (another working title) sidearm.

Suffice to say, the first post of my sister blog is finally up, which are my working notes and research which accompany said series. So without further ado...



No comments:

Post a Comment