DAVIDGOUGHART

Friday, January 29, 2010

Notes from an Easel-Part 67-Disambiguous Foresight


Title: Disambiguous Foresight (Visions of the Afterlife)
Size: 11 " x 14"
Medium: Acrylic on canvas


Whilst I'm happy with the way this one turned out, the color didn't quite translate the way I envisioned it in my head, so I'm keen as mustard to transfer this and the last piece to scaled up oils. Working these pieces as comps first is really helping me flesh out the vision of this series, and giving me an ambition for what I'm hoping to achieve with it.

I've managed to paint five of the promised six paintings this month-although I shouldn't be too hard on myself since I've juggled two shows and a 36" x 42" fully painted commission in between. Out of those five, I've sold three, and at least the two that I mentioned, shall be repainted for the Big featured show in October.


The show at Mosaic is being extended to the 19th of February too, so anyone who missed the chance to see the pieces should definately catch what is currently the best art exhibit in the city.

I also have two further shows scheduled-another featured show at the new Thumbprint venue, which will run from March 13th, and then on April 7th, I shall be showing and raffling a live painting for the Keep-A-Breast foundation at the Belly Up.
Full details are up on my Appearances page, but I'll repost flyers here, closer to the date.

No comments:

Post a Comment