DAVIDGOUGHART

Sunday, October 3, 2010

From Hell at the Hive gallery, picture post of David Van Gough's featured show



Three hours of crawling traffic on the five, and the kind of heat that could fry an egg in its shell, did not alter the fact one iota, that last night was tremendous.

My feet may feel like that scene in Midnight Express-you know, the one where Brad Davis is hoisted upside down, and beaten on the soles with a paddle-but my soul is full to the brim.

A veritable whirlwind of so many strange, talented,cool, sexy, bright, beautiful young things, hungry for my words and the work hanging on the walls. I am unfathomably grateful to the following...

The King Bee and curator himself-Nathan Cartright


















an angel in Hell




















Talking Art and Religion with some patrons and artists


























































Meeting the delightfully, darling Dahlia, who runs an awesomely cool blog called uponamidnightdreary-check it out!!




















My wife Lani and her awesome cousin Dave and his wife Amber















Particularly as they came bearing gifts-'I love scotchy, scotch, scotch.'




















Can't celebrate too much though, I shall have barely enough time to recover before I have to do it all again for Monterey's show at the Alternative Cafe next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment