DAVIDGOUGHART

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Melancholy Shadow: new painting by David Van Gough


'Shadow'
36" x 24"
Oil on Canvas


'Shadow' is one of those flagship pieces that heralds a new direction, it encompasses all the ambition and direction I have for the new series.

I suppose the work is a manifestation of melancholy, that intangible sadness that I've lived with my whole life, but have come to realize is a default for any artist,when exploring the emotional depths of them self.
I read a lovely quote from the artist Odilon Redon-"I have a feeling only for shadows' which expresses the piece perfectly.
I have to say thank you to my lovely model Stacey for being a continued muse, she has an innate natural ability to encompass the physical approximations I see in my head.

The anniversary show at Mosaic is coming up, and since it is a sketch show, I have a few days to prepare some drawings. the recovery disks for my OS are in transit from Gateway, so all being well I should be up and running again properly within the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment