DAVIDGOUGHART

Friday, March 4, 2011

Cracking nuts



Was going to wait 'till it was dry and I had a proper scan, but since the wife is passed out on the couch and I'm done clicking through my usual distractions, then bugger it.



Its just a study in oil-a warm up, a meagre apéritif, but why paint a ballerina?

Why not?



Actually if you want context (and no, I've not seen Black Swan) there is something to preface this.

When I was a mere tadpole, I swore down blind that one day I would marry a ballerina. Possibly this was the result of watching a tellyplay of 'The Nutcracker' every Christmas, but regardless, I realised there was something beautiful and pure, that bespoke innately to my prepubescent mind.



Of course I didn't marry a ballerina...although I kind of did.

When my wife was a mere cygnet, she took ballet lessons and was eventually brought to bear at the ripe old age of six, to play a doormouse in-yes you guessed it-'The Nutcracker'.



Life...it's all about the arc's and where you find them.



Then again, it could all just be a bloody shambles.



More soon.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment